29 November 2007

DJ Jean-Paul @ Trojan Explosion - 30 November

As readers of the Clubs page will know, Trojan Explosion is a monthly Friday session that I rate very highly. It's held in a brilliant basement venue in the heart of the West End and has a great mix of music - both obscurities and classics.

One of the resident DJs there, Texas Ranger, has kindly asked me to DJ with her this Friday, 30th November, while her partner in crime Mark Professor is away in the Caribbean.

Despite the name, the night is a really good mix of rockin' R&B, 60s soul, funk and soul-jazz alongside the ska, rocksteady and reggae. I'm very excited about this as it's a musical formula I love and is quite close to the sort of mix I play at Right On!

Anyway, very short notice I know, but I thought I'd post the info up here in case anyone is looking for somewhere to go this Friday and fancies hearing some of my tunes. Plus it's FREE before 11pm - bonus! Details as follows...

Trojan Explosion @ Market Place (downstairs bar)
11 Marketplace (behind Oxford Street), London, W1 8AH
Friday 30th November; 8pm-1am
FREE before 11pm then £7


No comments: